Join or renew your AHA/ASA Professional Membership today to save on registration for all AHA Scientific Sessions.
Registration opens in June.
Abstract Submission Period for Scientific Sessions 2015:
For more information on submitting science, click on the buttons below (PDFs):
Opportunity for Publication:
- Accepted abstracts are published in Circulation, an American Heart Association journal. Circulation continues to be one of the top journals for Impact Factor, 5-Year Impact Factor, Article Influence® Score, and Eigenfactor® Score and total cites among all 125 journals in the Cardiac & Cardiovascular Systems and 65 journals in the Peripheral Vascular Diseases subject categories, according to the 2013 Journal Citation Reports® (Thomson Reuters, 2014).
- Member benefits include more than $160,000.00 in council awards and travel grants available to professional members, early career investigators, trainees and students submitting abstracts to Scientific Sessions. Visit my.americanheart.org and view the Awards & Lectures available for Scientific Sessions. To join AHA membership please visit my.americanheart.org/membership.
- Your accepted abstracts could receive international coverage from major media outlets.
- 2014 abstracts were featured in the Associated Press, USA Today, Fox News, BBC, MSNBC.com, Reuters wire service and U.S. News & World Report.
- In all, there were more than 2.5 billion media impressions for Scientific Sessions 2014, with more than 15.6 million impressions made from news-related social media events.
- Discuss your study findings with more than 17,000 attendees on-site and share your findings with more than 2.5 million virtual professional attendees.
Late-Breaking Basic Science
These innovative abstracts will provide the latest breakthroughs in basic science, presenting cutting-edge, exciting and pivotal research results. The submission period is July 27 – August 19, 2015. Select the button below for more information (PDF).
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials sessions are innovative, provide the latest breakthroughs in clinical science and potentially will have a significant impact on clinical practice. Clinical Science Report sessions will highlight trial updates, registries and important clinical science. The submission period is June 1 – June 22, 2015. Click the button below for more information (PDF).
Abstracts and presentations are embargoed for release at date and time of presentation or time of AHA news event. Written embargoed information cannot be shared with anyone but one-on-one embargoed media interviews can be conducted as long as the reporter agrees to abide by the embargo policy. Failure to honor embargo policies will result in the abstract being withdrawn and barred from presentation. View the complete AHA/ASA General Embargo Policies.