For Grants Officers
With the Grants@Heart electronic application system, a grants officer can view all applications associated with his/her institution. The grants officer is responsible for submitting these applications to the American Heart Association. Submission of an application to the AHA Research Programs must be made through Grants@Heart. Paper submissions will not be accepted.
We highly recommend the grants officer establish an internal (institutional) deadline for applicants to allow time for review of the application, possible rejection of an application if it requires clarification, and final timely submission.
The application submission deadline time is 5:00 p.m. Central Time. The system will shut down at exactly 5:00 p.m. Central Time on the deadline date. AHA staff is available to respond to inquiries and assist with programmatic questions and technical issues leading right up to the deadline time.
Grants Officer Help Documents
- Application Deadlines
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
- How to Register or Login for Grants@Heart
- Important Information About Grants@Heart
- Login Issues
- Policies Governing Research Awards
- Program Descriptions/Eligibility Criteria
- Submitting Applications to AHA
- Supporting Information for Third Parties