August 26, 2015
Must become an AHA/ASA Professional AHA/ASA Professional Member by August 26, 2015 to qualify for Early Registration rates for Scientific Sessions 2015.
September 23, 2015
Must become an AHA/ASA Professional Member by September 23, 2015 to qualify for Advance Registration rates for Scientific Sessions 2015. Individuals who join AHA or renew an AHA membership after September 23, 2015, do not qualify for discounted member registration rates. Nonmember rates will apply .
REGISTRATION SUBSTITUTIONS/NAME CHANGE POLICY
- Refunds on or before the due date of October 7, 2015 will be provided less a $75 processing fee.
- No refunds will be given after October 7, 2015. Substitutions are allowed but the registration type will not change. You may only submit substitutions for equal type registrations ( i.e. Nurse to Nurse, Member to Member, Nonmember to Nonmember). A $20 fee will apply per substitution.
REGISTRATION CANCELLATION POLICYCDS must receive written notice by October 7, 2015, 12:00 Midnight EST in order to receive a refund less $75 processing fee. Cancellation requests received after October 7, 2015, 12:00 Midnight EST will not be refunded. Ticketed events are non-refundable. No refunds will be issued until 7 – 15 days post event.
REQUIREMENTS FOR DISCOUNTED RATES
- Student/Trainee—Must be full-time medical, nursing or graduate student, or full-time fellow (postdoctoral/clinical research) or house officer enrolled in a training program. Verification is required. Please read below.
- Technician (Verification of status is required either by mailing to Convention Data Services in advance or by bringing verification letter onsite)—Must be full-time laboratory technician, research technician or cardiovascular technologist. (Registrations will not be confirmed until this documentation has been presented.) Verification is required. Please read below.
- Before receiving registration materials onsite, member and nonmember Student/Trainee or Technicians must provide proof of status with a current license or certificate, student ID or a letter written on official letterhead and signed by department head, mentor or supervisor. The full nonmember fee will be charged if verification is not provided by October 21, 2015.
Verification must be sent to:
Convention Data Services
Scientific Sessions 2014
107 Waterhouse Road
Bourne, MA 02532
- Nurse, Paramedic or EMT—Must be Plus, Premium or General Professional Member of the AHA/ASA, and full-time practicing licensed and/or certified nurse, paramedic or EMT. Note: Nonmember nurses, paramedics or EMTs who join at the Early Career level are not eligible for the discounted rates.
- Early Career Member—Category is restricted to investigators, clinicians or health professionals who have completed training within the last five years. Also applies to physicians or scientists in their first five years after faculty appointment. Note: Discounted rates are only available to members in this category.
- Premium Emeritus Member—Category is limited to professional members 65 years or older who have requested and received emeritus status from the association before registering.
Registration Fee Policy
The American Heart Association will not refund registration fees paid if a person joins at one member level, registers accordingly and then later upgrades to another member level with a lower registration fee.
Guest registration is defined as a spouse or family member of a professional registrant or a guest of an exhibiting company. Guest registrants are only permitted in the Science & Technology Hall. If you wish to access the full meeting, full registration is required. All guests who register onsite must present a Government issued photo ID and be accompanied by the conference registrant before receiving a badge onsite.
AMERICAN HEART ASSOCIATION POLICIES REGARDING INFANTS AND CHILDREN
- Children over 6 months and under the age of 18 years are not allowed in the Science and Technology Hall.
- Infants under the age of 6 months are allowed in the Science and Technology Hall during exhibit hours only.
- Parents of infants must sign a liability waiver here and obtain a badge that reflects permission has been given for the infant to be carried into the Science and Technology Hall.
- For reasons of insurance liability and safety, infants must be held at all times.
- Strollers and infant carriers are not allowed in the Science and Technology Hall.
- Because of limited seating capacity and the highly technical nature of the program, children are not allowed to attend presentations.
- Badges will NOT be mailed in advance. All registrants must plan accordingly in picking up your badge(s) onsite.
- Lost Badges - There will be a $20 charge to reissue lost badges onsite—no exceptions.
- Speaker Registration - Speakers should pick up badges at Speaker Registration located in the main registration area.