Join or renew your membership today to save on registration for all AHA Scientific Sessions.
Registration will open in June 2016.
Abstract Submission Period for Scientific Sessions 2016 and Resuscitation Science Symposium 2016:
- Scientific Sessions and Resuscitation Science
April 20 – June 8, 2016
- Late-Breaking Clinical Trials
June 6 – June 27, 2016
- Late-Breaking Basic Science and Late-Breaking Resuscitation Science
July 25 – August 17, 2016
Questions about submitting your abstract or other science? Follow these handy tip sheets:
- Abstract Submission Guidelines (PDF)
- Best Practices (PDF)
- Abstract Categories (PDF)
- Submission Checklist (PDF)
Opportunity for Publication:
- Accepted abstracts are published in Circulation, an American Heart Association journal. Circulation continues to be top-ranked for total cites, Impact Factor, 5-Year Impact Factor, Article Influence® Score, and Eigenfactor® Score among 123 journals in the Cardiac & Cardiovascular Systems and 60 journals in the Peripheral Vascular Disease subject categories, according to the 2015 Journal Citation Reports® Science Edition (Thomson Reuters, 2015).
- Member benefits include more than $160,000.00 in council awards and travel grants available to professional members, early career investigators, trainees and students submitting abstracts to Scientific Sessions. Visit my.americanheart.org and view the Awards & Lectures available for Scientific Sessions. To join AHA membership please visit my.americanheart.org/membership.
- World-renowned science starts with an abstract.
- 2015 abstracts were featured in Circulation, Associated Press, TIME magazine, The New York Times, USA Today, NBC News, Fox News, BBC, MSNBC.com, Reuters wire service and U.S. News & World Report.
- In all, there were more than 5.1 billion media impressions for Scientific Sessions 2015, with more than 15 million impressions made from news-related social media events.
- Discuss your study findings with 18,000 attendees from over 100 countries on-site, and share your findings with more than 2 million virtual attendees.
Late-Breaking Basic Science
These innovative abstracts will provide the latest breakthroughs in basic science, presenting cutting-edge, exciting and pivotal research results. The submission period is July 25 - Aug. 17, 2016. Select the button below for more information (PDF).
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials
Late-Breaking Clinical Trials sessions are innovative, provide the latest breakthroughs in clinical science and potentially will have a significant impact on clinical practice. Clinical Science Report sessions will highlight trial updates, registries and important clinical science. The submission period is June 6 - June 27, 2016. Click the button below for more information (PDF).
Abstracts and presentations are embargoed for release at date and time of presentation or time of AHA news event. Written embargoed information cannot be shared with anyone but one-on-one embargoed media interviews can be conducted as long as the reporter agrees to abide by the embargo policy. Failure to honor embargo policies will result in the abstract being withdrawn and barred from presentation. View the complete AHA/ASA General Embargo Policies.