Join or renew your AHA/ASA Professional Membership today to save on registration for all AHA Scientific Sessions.
The Abstract Submission period is April 16 – June 11.
2014 Abstract Submission Periods:
General Abstract Submissions: April 16 – June 11
Late-Breaking Basic Science Submissions: July 24 – August 18
Late-Breaking Clinical Trial Submissions: June 2 – June 23
*Abstracts are accepted until 5 pm CDT | UTC -5 Hours on the last day of each deadline above.
Opportunity for Publication:
- Accepted abstracts are published in Circulation, an American Heart Association journal Circulation continues to be one of the top journals for Impact Factor, 5-Year Impact Factor, Article Influence® Score, and Eigenfactor® Score and total cites among all 122 journals in the Cardiac & Cardiovascular Systems and 67 journals in the Peripheral Vascular Diseases subject categories, according to the 2012 Journal Citation Reports® (Thomson Reuters, 2013).
- Member benefits include more than $160,000.00 in council awards and travel grants available to professional members, early career investigators, trainees and students submitting abstracts to Scientific Sessions. Visit my.americanheart.org and view the Awards & Lectures available for Scientific Sessions. To join AHA membership please visit my.americanheart.org/membership.
- Your accepted abstracts could receive international coverage from major media outlets.
- 2013 abstracts were featured in the Associated Press, USA Today, Fox News, BBC, MSNBC.com, Reuters wire service and U.S. News & World Report.
- In all, there were more than 8 billion media impressions* for Scientific Sessions 2013, in addition to 5.2 million in social media impressions.
- Discuss your study findings with more than 17,000 attendees on-site and share your findings with more than 1.5 million virtual professional attendees.