Nov 16–20, 2013
Dallas Convention Center
Join or renew your AHA/ASA Professional Membership today to save on registration for all AHA Scientific Sessions.
International Highlights at Scientific Sessions 2012
Join us for Scientific Sessions, Nov. 3-7, in Los Angeles, Calif., to learn and network with global leaders in cardiovascular research and practice.
Scientific Sessions is the leading cardiovascular meeting in the country, with more 19,000 cardiovascular experts from more than 105 countries, in addition to more than 228,000 virtual professional attendees.
Programming represents science from across the globe and is designed to improve patient care by communicating the most timely and significant advances in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease from many perspectives. Scientific Sessions includes five days of unparalleled education through more than 4,000 presentations from world leaders in cardiovascular disease. It's also an opportunity to experience more than 300 exhibitors showcasing the latest cardiovascular technology and resources.
Registration Rates (Members save up to $400!) | International Travel Tips | What's new in Los Angeles | International Brochure
International Congress on Valvular Heart Disease
This exciting five-day series of seminars and how-to sessions, occurring within Scientific Sessions 2012, will bring together leading experts on valvular heart disease from around the world in the areas of epidemiology, prevention science, medical care, interventional cardiology, cardiac surgery, public health and governmental policy. Participants will hear state-of-the-art information on diagnosis, evaluation, interventional and surgical management of valvular heart disease.
- SMP.602ic Aortic Stenosis and TAVR
- CVS.601ic Clinical Evaluation of the Patient with Valvular Heart Disease
- CVS.611ic Joint AHA/World Heart Federation Session: Acute Rheumatic Fever — A Global Health Challenge
- CVS.617ic Multimodality Imaging in Valvular Heart Disease
- CVS.628ic Pediatric Valvular Heart Disease
- CVS.633ic Infective Endocarditis
- CVS.639ic The Future of Transcatheter Valve Therapy.
The International Forums will highlight 10 countries that have made significant contributions of original scientific reports at Scientific Sessions. A 75-minute session has been dedicated to each of the countries listed below to highlight the top five abstracts and to spotlight an important aspect of research specific to the country. The sessions will take place on Sunday, Nov. 4, at 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
International Joint Sessions
The American Heart Association is pleased to collaborate with the following cardiology societies from around the world:
- CVS.642 Joint AHA/Spanish Society of Cardiology Session: Advances in Cardiovascular Disease-From Prevention to Intervention and to Cooperation
- CVS.720 Joint AHA/Chinese Society of Cardiology Session: Global Registries: What Have We Learned and What are the Limitations
- CVS.605ic Joint AHA/Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology Session: Contemporary Management of Valvular Heart Disease
- CVS.223 Joint AHA/Brazilian Society of Cardiology Session: Insights and Guidelines for Exercise Training and Secondary Cardiovascular Prevention
- CVS.611ic Joint AHA/World Heart Federation Session: Acute Rheumatic Fever – A Global Health Challenge
- CVS.622 Joint AHA/Japanese Circulation Society Session: Walking Through Walls: Innovation in CTO Therapy
- PS.04 Joint AHA/European Society of Cardiology Session: Contemporary Management of Atrial Fibrillation
- SS.12 Joint AHA/European Society of Cardiology Session: 100 Years of Advances Since Herrick’s Report of a Coronary Thrombus in Myocardial Infarction
- CVS.650ic Joint AHA/Interamerican Society of Cardiology Session: Advances in Valvular Heart Disease
The International Program Committee, consisting of members who are global leaders in the field of cardiovascular science, has made great contributions to the rich and robust programming at Scientific Sessions. With their expertise, we have developed numerous sessions highlighting the latest in cardiovascular research, treatment, and prevention for each of the seven cardiovascular cores while integrating a global perspective.
- Argentina: Daniel Piniero, MD
- Argentina: Eduardo F Mele, MD, FACC, FESC
- Bahamas: Conville Brown, MD, MBBS, FACC, FESC
- China: Dong Zhao, MD, PhD
- Israel: Basil Lewis, MD, FRCP
- Japan: Akira Matsumori, MD, PhD, FAHA, FACC, FAPSC, FESC
- South Africa: Anthony J Dalby, MB, ChB, FCP, FACC, FESC
- Turkey: Ali Oto, MD, MD, FESC, FACC, FHRS
- United Kingdom: John McMurray, BSc, MB, ChB, MD, FRCP, FESC, FACC, FAHA, FRSE
American Heart Association International Membership
We're proud that our membership includes members from more than 105 countries who are dedicated to our mission of building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Become part of a huge network making a global impact on the fight against cardiovascular diseases and stroke. We can’t fight this fight without you.
Benefits to your career include:
- Maximizing your leadership.
- Contributing through volunteer opportunities.
- Accessing the latest scientific research through the AHA Journals at http://my.americanheart.org
- Networking with colleagues across the globe.
- Becoming a mentor.
- And many more benefits.
JOIN NOW to keep making a difference and enjoy access to the best tools and networking opportunities to stay informed, connected and competitive in your specialty.