Nov 7-11, 2015
Join or renew your AHA/ASA Professional Membership today to save on registration
for all AHA Scientific Sessions.
Registration is now open!
Early Career ProgrammingThe activities below promote networking and mentorship between early career members and senior investigators for scientific outreach and career building. The sessions are open to all attendees, but are targeted to early career participants.
Use the Program Planner to browse and search sessions, presentations and speakers programming by day, and more. You won’t want to miss the following activities:
Saturday, Nov. 7
Join us for a day dedicated to the following early career activities:
|9:00 a.m. - Noon||General Session|
|11:45 a.m. - 12:45 p.m.||Complimentary lunch sponsored by AHA/ASA membership|
|1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.||Specialty Science Breakouts|
(Including the PVD FIT Workshops, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.)
|5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Reception|
Young Investigator Awards recognize promising and outstanding investigators in the early stages of their careers, stimulate continued interest in basic or clinical research, and help early career investigators participate in AHA meetings. Must be an AHA council member to be eligible.
Saturday, Nov. 7 - Wednesday, Nov. 11
In addition to the above activities, browse full details of all he Early Career sessions listed below via the online Program Planner.
- Early Career Opening General Session
- PVD FIT - Session 1 - Venous Disease
- PVD FIT - Session 2 - Cerebrovascular Disease and Stroke
- PVD FIT - Session 3 - Diseases of the Aorta and Major Branches
- PVD FIT - Session 4 - Lower Extremity Peripheral Artery Disease
- PVD FIT - Session 5 - Launching the Academic Vascular Career
- Everything You Wanted To Know About Developing A Career in Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia (Planned by the Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia)
- Precision Medicine and Big Data Methods: Applications and Methods for New Investigators (Planned by the Councils on Epidemiology and Prevention, and Lifestyle and Cardiometabolic Health and Quality of Care and Outcomes Research)
- Interventional Boot Camp: Basics (Part 1)
- Interventional Boot Camp From Complications to the Complex (Part 2)
- Interventional Boot Camp Cases from Beyond the Coronaries (Part 3)
- Proper Mentorship and Guidance= Steps to Success in Academia - Part 1 (Planned by the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences and Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology)
- Proper Mentorship and Guidance = Steps to Success in Academia - Part 2 (Planned by the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences and Arteriosclerosis, Thrombosis and Vascular Biology)
- Tricks and the Trade: Pearls and Pitfalls for Early Career Scientists in the 3CPR Specialties (Planned by the Council on Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation) Part 1
- Emerging Science: Updates from the CPR Early Career Committee (Planned by the Council on Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation) Part 2
- The Future of Clinical Cardiology: How to Develop a Roadmap for Success (Planned by the Council on Clinical Cardiology)
- Everything an Early Career Functional Genomics Physician Scientist Needs to Know (Planned by the Council on Functional Genomics and Translational Biology)
- The Many Paths to Success in Pediatric Cardiology (Planned by Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young)
- Cardiac Electrophysiology Sessions for AHA Early Career Day: Considering Electrophysiology as a Specialty - Part 1
- Cardiac Electrophysiology Sessions for AHA Early Career Day: My Story: A Panel Discussion on the Different Types of EP Career Options - Part 2
- Cardiac Electrophysiology Sessions for AHA Early Career Day - Early Career EP Clinical Session - Part 3
- Building a Research Career: Pathway to Success (Planned by the Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing)
- Genome Editing Boot Camp (Planned by the Council on Functional Genomics and Translational Biology)
- Introduction to Cardiac Imaging (Planned by the Council on Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention)