- Identify major advances in key areas of cutting-edge research and technology in heart failure, atherosclerosis, stroke, cardiovascular genetics, molecular biology and arrhythmias.
- Understand basic processes linking molecular and cellular biology and biochemistry with cardiovascular physiology and pathophysiology.
- Recognize the promises and pitfalls of cell and gene therapy for cardiovascular disease.
- Translate emerging clinical science to clinical practice in patients with cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- Evaluate and implement new diagnostic and therapeutic strategies for treating cardiovascular disorders and stroke
- Recognize emerging trends in the distribution of cardiovascular disease and stroke and their impact on public health.
- Evaluate the impact of new diagnostic and therapeutic strategies on health costs and outcomes.
- Understand the adaptation and testing of fundamental scientific discoveries to the diagnosis and treatment of cardiac and vascular disease in patients.
Continuing Education Accreditation
Physicians, physician assistants, pharmacists and nurses may earn continuing education credits. More information will be available in October.