Dear QCOR Attendees:
As stated earlier, QCOR-2015 planners and volunteers decided to cancel the conference due to the potential for additional violence. The safety and well-being of everyone involved were our highest concerns. Thank you for your patience as organizers quickly worked out the following plan:
- Registered attendees will receive an email that will give details regarding a refund of the registration fees paid or an option to donate the fee back to the AHA as a tax-deductible gift, to help off-set the cost the AHA will incur.
- All registrants will be offered reimbursement for airfare expenses incurred (with a receipt) or could again donate the expense as a tax-deductible gift.
- Abstract submission fees will not be reimbursed as this helped off-set the cost of the abstract submitter and those accepted to the program will have an opportunity to present at Sessions. In addition, it indirectly helps cover costs associated with staff management of peer review and publishing.
- Select invited programming originally planned for the Quality of Care and Outcomes Research 2015 Scientific Sessions will be presented during Scientific Sessions 2015, Nov. 7–11 in Orlando, Florida.
- There will be opportunity for abstracts accepted for QCOR-2015 to be presented at Scientific Sessions in Orlando. Please note these abstracts have already been published online April 29, in Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes, so abstract presenters should not resubmit their research to the AHA Scientific Sessions. If a researcher wants to be considered for the main Scientific Sessions original research program, the research may be resubmitted only if new and scientifically meaningful information is available at time of submission.
- Abstract presenters and invited speakers will receive future correspondence regarding exact dates and times for presentation, over the next few weeks.
We thank you for your continued support of the QCOR conference.
See the Schedule at a Glance (PDF)
- Quality of Care Workshop Wednesday Afternoon! Sponsored by the CV Nursing Council
- 3 Exciting Plenary Sessions!
- "Best of" poster session (submit an abstract here)
Quality in Practice. That is the underlying theme of the 2015 conference. At a time of unprecedented change in the healthcare environment, the goal of the conference is to share insights form thought leaders, provide practical tools for researchers and practitioners, and support the next generation of quality of care and outcomes scientists. Novel research methods for quantifying outcomes, new findings from clinical trials and observational studies and translational research will also be featured. This meeting has a special focus on the development of new investigators with several opportunities to showcase their research.
Join us April 29–May 1, 2015 in Baltimore, Maryland at the Hilton Baltimore for QCOR 2015!
This conference is for clinicians, researchers, medical students and trainees, nurses, pharmacists, administrators, healthcare and managed care professionals, policymakers and other healthcare professionals interested in quality of care and outcomes research in cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- Discuss the potential for focused quality improvement efforts to reduce variation, spread innovation, and significantly improve the quality of care in the cardiovascular arena, including identifying the key ingredients that must be a part of all such efforts, particularly in the area of readmissions.
- Discuss the status of the ACA, including the causes and implications of legislative changes, legal decisions, implementation delays, and real-world experience, and identify opportunities and best practices to overcome challenges.
- Discuss pathways toward greater healthcare innovation and adoption of new care paradigms among healthcare professionals and their impact on outcomes research and quality of care.
- Discuss current trends in global health outcomes research and the need to ensure similar standards for scientific rigor as such programs expand beyond the US and Europe.
QCOR Key Dates
|Oct 1, 2014||Abstract Submission Opens|
|Dec 22, 2014||Registration Opens|
|Feb 4, 2015||Abstract & Award Submission Deadline|
|Feb 28, 2015||Become a Member and Save Up to $300 of Early Registration Deadline|
|Mar 11, 2015||Early Registration Closes|
| Mar 12, 2015||Advance Registration Opens|
|Mar 25, 2015||Become a Member and Save Up to $300 of Advance Registration Deadline|
|April 8, 2015||Advance Registration Closes|
|April 9, 2015||Standard Registration Opens|
|April 29 - May 1, 2015||Conference Dates|
Phone: (888) 242-2453 or (214) 570-5935
Exhibit Information and Application (PDF)
Julie Davis | (214) 706-1943 | email@example.com