Late-Breaking Science and Ongoing Clinical Trials Abstract Submission is now closed.
Why You Should Submit Your Science to the World's Premier Stroke Meeting
The American Heart Association/American Stroke Association maintains the highest standards for abstract acceptance and program development. The goal is to bring a spectrum of the very best stroke science to ISC - from the most basic research to patient-based studies to large clinical trials. The science covers a vast array of topics in 21 categories, including emergency medicine, diagnosis, interventional treatments, nursing and rehabilitation. Submit your best science to the International Stroke Conference 2016.
|Network with International Leaders in the Stroke Field: Attend ISC and discuss your findings with stroke research and practice experts from around the globe. More than 4,300 cerebrovascular experts from over 60 countries attend the International Stroke Conference.|
International Impact: Media coverage from around the world resulted in nearly 1.5 billion media impressions from almost 1,200 stories for ISC 2015. Impressions from major media outlets included the Associated Press, CBS News, ABC News, Good Morning America, Fox News, The Telegraph, Washington Post, USA Today, LA Times, HealthDay, Cardiology Today, and many more. So your research could have global impact.
Virtual Reach: The ISC 2015 virtual reach through the AHA/ASA Web site, e-mails, YouTube, Facebook and Twitter activity had more than 3.4 million hits.
Late-Breaking Science and Ongoing Clinical Trials abstracts will not be published. They will be available online on the International Stroke Conference web site on February 17, 2016.
A non-refundable $35 processing fee will be required for each abstract submitted. The fee covers administration and online costs associated with the submission, grading, notification and slotting processes.
In order to encourage a broad range of science and speakers, international authors and junior authors are strongly encouraged to submit abstracts for presentation.
- Late-Breaking Science and Ongoing Clinical Trials Abstract Submission Guidelines (PDF)
- Late-Breaking Science Categories and Definitions (PDF)
- How to Write a Good Abstract (PDF)
Abstract Submission - Log-in or Technical Issues:
- Contact OASIS Help Desk (opens in new window)
- Telephone: (217) 398-1792 (Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. Central Time)
Grading/Selection of Abstracts
Late-Breaking Science and Ongoing Clinical Trials abstracts submitted by the Nov 4, 2015, 11:59 pm CDT deadline are posted to a secured Web site for blinded review. A team of your peers, selected by the International Stroke Conference Program Committee, independently grades abstracts in their category and assigns each a score. Your abstract's score is the mean of all submitted scores - the result of at least eight graders’ assessments. (The reviewers rank the abstracts from 1-10 with 10 being the best available score.) A percentile grade is then created for each score, reflecting the standing of the abstract within that category/topic.
For Late-Breaking Science abstracts, after the percentile grades are compiled for the abstracts, the ISC Program Committee select and assemble the abstracts with acceptable scores into sessions. Late-Breaking Science abstracts are presented at oral and traditional poster sessions.
For Ongoing Clinical Trials abstracts, after the percentile grades are compiled for the abstracts, the Ongoing Clinical Trials category chair selects the abstracts with acceptable scores for inclusion in the Ongoing Clinical Trials poster session. Ongoing Clinical Trials abstracts are only presented as posters at ISC.
ISC 2015 Abstract Archives
- ISC and Nursing Symposium 2015 Oral and Poster Abstracts
- ISC 2015 Late-Breaking Science Wednesday Plenary Abstracts (PDF opens in new window)
- ISC 2015 Late-Breaking Science Thursday Plenary Abstracts (PDF opens in new window)
- ISC 2015 Late-Breaking Science Friday Plenary Abstracts (PDF opens in new window)
- ISC 2015 Late-Breaking Science Concurrent Session Oral Abstracts (PDF opens in new window)
- ISC 2015 Late-Breaking Science Poster Abstracts (PDF opens in new window)
- ISC 2015 Ongoing Clinical Trials Poster Abstracts (PDF opens in new window)