Oral Presentations | COI Disclosure Slide | PPT Tips | E-Poster Information | Poster Printing Information
Copyright Transfer Agreement - NEW for ISC 2013!
The International Stroke Conference and the State-of-the-Science Stroke Nursing Symposium no longer collect a paper Abstract Copyright Transfer Agreement form. The Abstract Copyright Transfer Agreement information was collected during the abstract submission process via a Yes/No drop-down box. If you have any concerns regarding your Abstract Copyright Transfer Agreement, please e-mail Stroke.Participant@Heart.org.
- Invited Speaker/Oral Abstract Presenter Guidelines
- Poster Guidelines
- Professor-Led Poster Tour Poster Guidelines
- Moderator Guidelines
- Junior Investigator Session: Presenter Guidelines
- Junior Investigator Session: Discussant Guidelines
Online Submission for Oral Presentations
Oral presenters - instructions to upload your PPT presentation electronically will be sent to you via e-mail in early January 2013. Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your e-mail safe senders’ list. Please remember that you must upload your PPT presentation at least 12 hours prior to your session's start time. You may upload your PPT presentation online from your own computer prior to the meeting or onsite in Honolulu at the Speaker Resource Center, Room 316 A of the Honolulu Convention Center. Technicians will be available onsite to assist you.
Please contact email@example.com if you did not receive an e-mail with instructions to upload your presentation electronically.
All speakers must check in at Room 316 A at least two hours before session start time to review their presentations for technical and format issues. Last-minute submissions disrupt the flow of sessions and will not be allowed. Any presenter who fails to submit his/her presentation in a timely manner will be prohibited from speaking.
The Speaker Resource Center (Room 316 A) has technicians available to assist presenters and is open during the following times:
- Tuesday, Feb 5 5:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, Feb 6 5:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Thursday, Feb 7 5:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Friday, Feb 8 5:30 am - 11:30 am
Please remember to include the disclosure slide as the first or second slide of your presentation(s). This is mandatory for all presenters giving an oral presentation.
The American Heart Association has developed an exclusive online venue where attendees of the International Stroke Conference are able to login (using last name and badge number) and view all scientific posters presented at the meeting. All posters uploaded to the E-Posters online portal have the opportunity to include an audio counterpart to their presentations. This audio is accessible during the meeting so that if an attendee is viewing a poster in the Poster Hall at a time when the presenter is unavailable, the attendee is able to use a QR code to access the audio file associated with that poster. As a poster presenter, it is mandatory for you to upload your poster to the E-Poster site. An e-mail with instructions on how to upload to the site will be sent to all poster presenters in early January 2013.
Benefits of uploading your E-Poster with audio:
- Broader reach of your study: Thousands of attendees can access your science through ePoster workstations or their own computers by logging in to the International Stroke Conference website.
- ePosters with audio gives you the opportunity to pre-record a brief discussion of your study to enhance and reinforce the information on your poster.
- Attendees who missed your presentation can view your poster information and listen to your discussion by scanning the QR code on your poster board using their smart phones.
Online Submission for Poster Presentations: E-Posters
Instructions to upload your poster electronically will be sent to you via e-mail in early January 2013. Poster presenters, please remember that it is mandatory for you to upload your poster electronically prior to the conference. This will give more people the opportunity to view your science. Posters must be uploaded electronically by Feb. 1, 2013.
E-Poster Sign-in at http://submit.scientificposters.com/asa/signin.cfm
Professional Poster Printing Made Easy!
The American Heart Association is offering a professional poster printing service.
- Maximize the exposure and visibility of your poster - use one of the professional free PowerPoint templates to build your poster from or upload an existing poster file.
- Exceptional printing for your full-color poster in the following paper formats: Coated Bond, Photo-Quality and Nylon Reinforced.
- Request your poster to be conveniently shipped direct for onsite pick-up at the Honolulu Convention Center in Honolulu. Avoid the risk of loss and damage traveling with a bulky poster tube, additional charges and security lines at the airport
- An e-mail will be sent in early January from firstname.lastname@example.org with poster printing details
The assignment of rights to the AHA includes but is not expressly limited to rights to edit, publish, reproduce, distribute copies, prepare derivative works, include in indexes or search databases in print, electronic, or other media, whether or not in use at the time of execution of this agreement, and claim copyright in said work throughout the world for the full duration of the copyright and any renewals or extensions thereof. Please note that some journals may consider this captured audiovisual presentation equivalent to pre-published data.
Change Contact Information
Has your contact information changed? If so, e-mail Stroke.Participant@Heart.org. We will keep you informed as the program develops and we get closer to the meeting.