Science News Video InterviewsStroke Daily News
View the daily newspapers from the International Stroke Conference 2012: Stroke Daily News: Feb 1
| Stroke Daily News: Feb. 2
Heart & Stroke Statistics:
- Each year, about 185,000 stroke patients have a recurrent attack.
- Carotid endarterectomy is the most frequently performed surgical procedure to prevent stroke. In 2009, an estimated 93,000 inpatient endarterectomy procedures were performed in the United States.
- Annual incidence of stroke in U.S. children are 6.4 per 100,000 (0-15 years) in 1999 in GCNKSS and 4.6 per 100,000 (0-19 years).
- About half of childhood strokes are hemorrhagic.
- Despite current treatment, one of 10 children with ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke will have a recurrence within five years.
Learn more in Heart and Stroke Statistics
ISC 2012 Archives
ISC 2013: Honolulu, Hawaii
Mark your calendars and start planning now for the International Stroke Conference 2013, Feb. 5-8, in Honolulu, Hawaii.