- About 795,000 people suffer a stroke every year.
- About 7 million U.S. adults have had a stroke.
- On average, every 40 seconds, someone in the United States has a stroke.
- Stroke incidence is decreasing for some populations, but increasing in others.
- Every four minutes, someone dies of a stroke.
- Over the past 10 years, the annual stroke death rate decreased more than 30 percent.
- Women between 45 and 54 years old are more than twice as likely as men to have had a stroke.
- Stroke is a leading cause of serious, long-term disability in the United States.
- Learn more in Heart and Stroke Statistics.
ISC 2012: New Orleans
Join us next year for the International Stroke Conference 2012, Jan. 31-Feb.3, in New Orleans.
Become A Member
Social Networking (Coming soon...)