Science News from High Blood Pressure Research Scientific Sessions: Wednesday, Sept. 21, 2011Oral Presentations | Poster Presentations | Related Statistics
|Role of GWAS Nominated Gene SH2B3 in T-Cell Mediated Renal Damage and Hypertension |
Michael J. Flister, PhD
|Th1 Immune Response Mediates Kidney Damage In Angiotensin II-induced Hypertension |
|Hypertension In Response To Placental Ischemic Stimulated Cd4+ T Helper Cells Proceeds Via Activation Of The Endothelin-1 System |
Kedra Wallace, PhD
|AcSDKP Increases Pro-inflammatory Cytokines And Experimental Hypertension In Mice Lacking Angiotensin Converting Enzyme N-terminal Activity |
Frank S. Ong, MD
|(Pro)renin Receptor Over-expression Induces Angiotensin II-independent NADPH Oxidase Activation In Neuronal Cells|
Yumei Feng, MD, PhD
|Impact of ACE2 Deficiency and Oxidative Stress in Cerebrovascular Dysfunction with Aging |
Ricardo A. Pena Silva
|Maintenance of ACE2 Activity Levels Dramatically Reduces DOCA-salt-mediated Hypertension, Dysautonomia and Hypertrophy |
Huijing Xia, PhD
|Ciliary Neurtrophic Factor (CNTF) Deficiency Protects Against Angiotensin (Ang) II-dependent Hypertension |
|The Relative Contribution of Splanchnic and Renal Nerves to the Maintenance of Salt-Sensitive Hypertension in the Dahl S Rat |
|Histone Acetyl Transferases CBP and p300 are Necessary for the Transformation of Smooth Muscle Cells to the Renin Phenotype |
Ellen S. Pentz
|At Increased Blood Level Fibrinogen Enhances Mouse Pial Venular Permeability Through Both Paracellular and Transcellular Pathways |
|Increases In pH Suppress Tubuloglomerular Feedback By Enhancing Activities Of nNOSα And nNOSβ In The Macula Densa |
|Combined Interleukin-4 and Interleukin-10 Treatment Prevents Preeclampsia in Mice |
|Dysfunctional Bone Marrow-derived Endothelial Progenitor Cells (EPCs) In Rat Models Of Neurogenic Hypertension |
- One in 3 US adults have high blood pressure; almost as many have prehypertension.
- Chronic kidney disease prevalence is greater among those with diabetes (43.7%) and hypertension (28.0%) than among those without these chronic conditions.
- The USRDS estimates that by 2020, more than 700,000 Americans will have end-stage renal disease.
- Blood pressure is a powerful determinant of risk for both ischemic stroke and intercranial hemorrhage. Subjects with blood pressure over120/80 mm Hg have approximately half the lifetime risk of stroke of subjects with hypertension.
- Puerto Rican Americans have a consistently higher hypertension-related death rate than all other Hispanic subpopulations and non-Hispanic whites.
Learn more in Heart & Stroke Statistics
|Here's What You're Missing...|
If you haven't signed up to recieve Science News from High Blood Pressure Research 2011 Scientific Sessions, you're missing out on the latest science from the conference, as it breaks, delivered straight to your inbox. Don't be the last to know about important research results from this year's conference. Sign up now in the "Don't Miss the Science" box to the right.
View Wednesday's Science News
HBPR Conference Webpage | Final Program | Hypertension Journal
Sponsored by the American Heart Association’s Council on Hypertension and the Council on Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease.
HBPR 2011 Scientific Sessions | Walt Disney World Dolphin Resort - Orlando, Fla. | Sept. 20-24, 2011