Basic Cardiovascular Sciences 2015 Scientific Sessions
July 13-16, 2015
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
New Orleans, Louisiana
BCVS 2015 Final Program (PDF)
At the conclusion of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Evaluate recent evidence supporting the use of cardioprotective strategies in the setting of acute myocardial infarction
- Discuss advances in understanding the underlying mechanisms of cardiomyopathies and the development of new therapeutic approaches
- Assess new models for the use of cardiac progenitor cells in repairing damaged cardiac tissue
- Examine progress in the development of novel treatment strategies for heart failure
- Identify new targets for drug discovery and opportunities to participate in the translational research required to identify new interventions and bring them into clinical trials
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation - Physicians
The American Heart Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Heart Association designates this live activity for a maximum of 29.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
All persons who develop and/or control educational content in CME activities sponsored by the American Heart Association will disclose to the audience all financial relationships with any commercial supporters of this activity as well as with other commercial interests whose lines of business are related to the CME-certified content of this activity. In addition, presenters will disclose unlabeled/unapproved uses of drugs or devices discussed in their presentations. Such disclosures will be made in writing in course presentation materials.
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society. Physician assistants may receive a maximum of 29.75 hours of Category I credit for completing this program.
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation – Nurse Practitioners
American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) accepts AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM from organizations accredited by the ACCME.