Basic Cardiovascular Sciences 2014 Scientific Sessions
July 14-17, 2014
Paris Las Vegas
Las Vegas, NV
BCVS 2014 Preliminary Program
At the conclusion of the conference, participants will be able to:
- Describe the most recent evidence on the role of fibrosis in heart failure, the molecular mechanisms that contribute to its development, and potential therapies to attenuate its progression.
- Discuss new targets for drug discovery and opportunities to participate in the translational research required to identify new compounds and bring them into clinical trials.
- Discuss current understandings of mitochondrial function in the development of heart failure and on future directions for research.
- Discuss how new models of atrial arrhythmias may alter the course of heart failure.
- Describe current understanding of the underlying mechanisms of arrhythmias in heart failure and directions for future research.
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation - Physicians
The American Heart Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation – Physician Assistants
AAPA accepts certificates of participation for educational activities certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ from organizations accredited by ACCME or a recognized state medical society.
Continuing Education Accreditation - Nurses
The American Heart Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Pharmacists
The American Heart Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
The American Heart Association is accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS).