World Heart Federation | World Congress on Cardiology
Apr. 18-21, 2012 | Dubai
Video: Welcome to Dubai!
Gordon F. Tomaselli, MD, President of the American Heart Association and Donna K. Arnett, PhD, MSPH, President-elect of the American Heart Association welcome viewers to the World Congress of Cardiology in Dubai and discuss some of the highlights of this year's meeting.
WCC 2012 Poster Abstracts in Circulation
WCC 2012 Oral Abstracts in Circulation
|Highlighted This Week at WCC:|
Women and CVD
Kids on the Move project
Rheumatic Heart Disease
Go Red for Women
- Approximately every 25 seconds, an American will experience a coronary event, and approximately every minute, someone will die of one.
- Lifetime risk for developing CVD at age forty is 2 in 3 for men and 1 in 2 for women.
- This year, about 785,000 Americans will have a new coronary attack, and about 470,000 will have a recurrent attack.
- About 29% of patients with MI are patients with STEMI.
- Average age at first MI is 64.5 years for men and 70.3 years for women.
- The estimated average number of years of life lost because of an MI is 16.6.
- Learn more in Heart Disease & Stroke Statistics: 2012 Update