- a brief explanation of how his or her innovation will improve cardiovascular health by dramatically reducing the incidence of heart attack and stroke; this explanation should be understandable by non-scientists.
- solid evidence of the scientific validity of the innovation, such as peer-reviewed publication(s)
- proof of intellectual property ownership, such as patent application(s) in at least the U.S., as well as proof of freedom to operate
- detailed development plans and regulatory strategy
- business plan providing plausible timelines and route(s) to successful commercialization
- size of investment requested and breakdown of exactly how it would be deployed
- how and over what timeframe the AHA's investment would be repaid
The Science & Technology Accelerator is pleased to announce launch of its third investment round.
This round will focus on healthcare information technology (HIT) innovations capable of helping AHA achieve its 2020 IMPACT GOAL of decreasing death from heart attack and stroke by 20% by the year 2020.
You may apply online below through March 17, 2014. Please be certain to explain how your innovation can help achieve this goal, and provide information supporting your claim.