- a brief explanation of how his or her innovation will improve cardiovascular health by dramatically reducing the incidence of heart attack and stroke; this explanation should be understandable by non-scientists.
- solid evidence of the scientific validity of the innovation, such as peer-reviewed publication(s)
- proof of intellectual property ownership, such as patent application(s) in at least the U.S., as well as proof of freedom to operate
- detailed development plans and regulatory strategy
- business plan providing plausible timelines and route(s) to successful commercialization
- size of investment requested and breakdown of exactly how it would be deployed
- how and over what timeframe the AHA's investment would be repaid
The Science & Technology Accelerator third investment round is now over. Please check back often for more details about the fourth investment round.