|The Science & Technology Accelerator’s fourth investment round, is focusing on improving stroke outcomes by 2020, by use of medical devices and/or digital technology.|
The application deadline has been EXTENDED to July 31, 2015 at 5 p.m. CT.
The Science & Technology Accelerator is tasked with identifying the most revolutionary, game-changing innovations, which are capable of starting to improve, dramatically, the cardiovascular health of millions of people by 2020, and helping to propel them across the so called, "Valley of Death," from scientific validation through proof of concept. At that point, having been "de-risked" sufficiently, they can gain traction with industry or private equity sources of funding to take them to the finish line. In order to qualify for the current round of investment funding consideration, the inventor/innovator should be prepared to provide the following:
- a brief explanation of how his or her device or digital innovation could dramatically improve stroke outcomes; this explanation should be understandable by non-scientist.
- solid evidence of the scientific validity of the innovation, such as peer-reviewed publication(s)
- proof of intellectual property ownership, such as patent application(s) in at least the U.S., as well as proof of freedom to operate, if possible
- detailed development plans and regulatory strategy
- business plan providing plausible timelines and route(s) to successful commercialization
- size of investment requested and breakdown of exactly how it would be deployed
- how and over what timeframe the AHA's investment would be repaid with significant profits to help fund more game changing innovations.