Network Topic Announcement
The Strategically Focused Research Network will focus on Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease.
The AHA is interested in the science community exploring all aspects of disparities in cardiovascular disease, which can assist the AHA in reaching its 2020 Goals and overall mission of building healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
A Network is comprised of three to four institutions, or Centers, working on three projects each that are focused on one strategic area.
To that end, the AHA pursues research from the basic, clinical and population sciences. This RFA will require that each submission have an overall application from the Center Director, as well as three proposals from project Principal Investigators in this specific area:
- One proposal addressing basic science discovery in Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease
- One proposal addressing clinical science discovery in Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease
- One proposal addressing population science discovery in Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease
Institutions are limited to one Center application per location, however individuals at said institution who are not participating in said institution's Center application, may indeed participate in another Center's application.
Offered by: AHA National Research Program
More information will be announced with specific deadlines. For now, use this high level timeline as a guide:
- March 2014 – Topics announced to the community via AHA Research Website with timelines
- Jan/Feb 2015 – Applications for Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease SFRN due
- June 2015 - Awardees for Disparities in Cardiovascular Disease SFRN Announced
For questions regarding this process or for technical assistance, please contact: