Request for Applications Announcement
The Strategically Focused Research Network will focus on PREVENTION.
The AHA is interested in the science community exploring all aspects of prevention, which can assist the AHA in reaching its 2020 Goals and overall mission of building healthier lives free of cardiovascular disease and stroke.
To that end, the AHA pursues research from the basic, clinical and population sciences. This RFA will require that each submission have an overall application from the Center Director, as well as three proposals from project Principal Investigators:
- One proposal addressing basic science discovery in prevention
- One proposal addressing clinical science discovery in prevention
- One proposal addressing population science discovery in preventionA Center application can comprise projects from more than one institution, as long as there is a named sponsoring institution, where the Center Director is located and will manage the oversight and financial responsibilities. Thus, applications should convey how these different areas of science will collaborate, both in their science discoveries and through joint team communication and integration.
Offered by: AHA National Research Program
The deadline for the Letter of Intent is December 16, 2013. The application deadline is February 4, 2014.
View and download the full Request for Applications for the Strategically Focused Prevention Research Network.
- Letter of Intent Instructions
- Center Director Application Instructions
- Research Project PI Application Instructions
For inquiries, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 214-360-6123.
For questions regarding this process or for technical assistance, please contact: