Instructions for applicants to the National Innovative Research Grant - 1 Page Limit
Note: this section should not be used to address additional scientific details or methodologies beyond the 5-page abbreviated proposal.
Create a one-page document describing any special considerations you have given to all ethical issues involved in your proposed investigations (biohazards, human subjects, etc., with the exception of vertebrate animals), identifying risks and management. If there are none for your project, create a document with the word "NONE"
If you are using vertebrate animal subjects, there is a separate document required. Do not address vertebrate animals here.
Create a Word-processed document, convert it to a Portable Document Format (pdf) file, and upload it to Grants@Heart. Only PDF files will be accepted. You must comply exactly with the association's format/type requirements and page limits. Failure to comply will result in the administrative withdrawal (disqualification) of the application. Only Portable Document Format (PDF) files will be accepted.
- Document must be single-spaced.
- No more than 15 characters per inch (cpi) or an average of no more than 15 cpi (cpi includes symbols, punctuation and spaces).
- No less than ¾" margins allowed.
- 60 lines per page are the maximum allowed (The average number of lines per page using the font and point size below will be approximately 50-55 lines)
- Arial Font style, 12 point font size for Windows users; Helvetica Font style, 12 point font size for Macintosh users
- One page limit