Grants@Heart is the online electronic application. You can access Grants@Heart 24/7 with Internet connection and a Web browser.
- You must register with the Grants@Heart system if you have not already done so. If you have already registered but have forgotten your username/password go here for instructions.
- The system will time out after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- You may save Grants@Heart (www.research.americanheart.org) as a favorite on your computer, but you will have to log in each time you go to the site (for security purposes).
- You are responsible for submitting each application online to the American Heart Association, if you have been designated by an applicant as his/her grants officer.
- New! Beginning with the July 2012 application cycle, the deadline time for all applications is 5:00 p.m. Central Time on the assigned deadline date.
It is highly recommended that you set an internal deadline for applicants from your institution. This will allow you time to review, approve and submit the applications to the AHA by the deadline date.
- The system will not allow an applicant to submit an incomplete application to the grants officer. All sections must be completed for the system to allow an application to be submitted to the grants officer.
Please note: Reference documents are not required at the time of application submission. A referent has up to August 2, 2013 to submit his/her reference in Grants@Heart.
- To view the program description, eligibility and peer review criteria, go here and select the program.
- The system will not allow an applicant to upload a document that exceeds the page limitation or does not meet the required file type.
- As a designated grants officer, you will be recognized by the system and may perform various tasks:
1) view an application as it is being prepared
2) search for applications that have been completed and are ready for your review and submission to the AHA
3) decline/reject an application, which will be returned to the applicant for modifications
4) ) approve an application for submission to the American Heart Association
- When you view any AHA application, an Application Information card at the top of the screen always displays key information such as the applicant's name, program and AHA component, application ID number, and application deadline date for this specific AHA award.
- Once an application has been submitted to the American Heart Association by the grants officer online, it cannot be modified or changed in any way. However, the grants officer and applicant can still view the application at any time by logging-on.
- There is no mechanism for printing the application.