Grants@Heart is the American Heart Association's Web-based system for applicants, grants officers, fiscal officers and awardees. You can access the system 24/7 with Internet connection and a Web browser. For best system performance, you must use Internet Explorer for PC's (versions 5 to 8) or Safari for Mac's. The AHA cannot guarantee system performance with other web browsers.
New User (for existing user scroll down)
- To register, go to the Grants@Heart login page at research.americanheart.org.
- Under the section, First-time Users Register Here: click on Grants/Fiscal Officer.
- Fill out all of the required fields.
- Click Register at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see a message on the screen, as follows: Thank you for registering with AHA. Your registration is completed successfully. Your email authentication is pending.
- AHA staff is responsible for reviewing your information and for accepting or declining your registration.
Note: your account may be declined if it is submitted with a personal email address, instead of an institutional address, or if the mandatory profile and institution details are missing.
- If the staff approves your registration, Grants@Heart will send you an auto-generated email authenticating your registration.
- To activate your account, you MUST click on the link provided in the email. Close all web browsers open to Grants@Heart before you complete the activation of your account.
If you are already registered, you may use your existing username/password. You can also update your profile and password in Grants@Heart, if needed. Look for Profile Manager and Change Password on your dashboard. If you have forgotten your username/password follow the steps below:
- Go to the Grants@Heart login page at research.americanheart.org.
- Click on Did you forget your ID or Password?
- Enter your last name and email address.
- Click Submit.
- Answer the security question and click Submit.
- You will receive a message that you can now enter the Grants@Heart site. Click the button to access Grants@Heart.
- You will be given immediate access to the system.