Stroke Council Awards and Lectures
The AHA/ASA Scientific Councils' awards acknowledge significant achievements in cardiovascular diseases and stroke, ranging from basic research to service to the councils and the association. These awards recognize the achievements of researchers, scientists, clinicians, nurses and allied health professionals throughout their careers. They also provide opportunities for financial rewards and funding to attend AHA scientific meetings.
The Stroke Council proudly sponsors numerous awards associated with AHA meetings and student scholarships, each of which honors researchers, early career investigators or medical students. Please click on an award link for more information, including eligibility criteria and application instructions.
Nomination Awards presented at the International Stroke Conference
- William E. Feinberg Award for Excellence in Clinical Stroke
- Thomas Willis Lecture
- David G Sherman Lecture
Please note that you must be a Fellow of the American Heart Association (FAHA) to be eligible for these awards.
Abstract-Based Awards presented at the International Stroke Conference
- Robert G. Siekert New Investigator Award (PDF)
- Mordecai Y.T. Globus New Investigator Award (PDF)
- Stroke Care in Emergency Medicine Award (PDF)
- Junior Investigator Travel Grant Awards
- Stroke Minority Travel Grant