Let us know how you want to get involved with the PVD Council. Becoming more involved is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Review the committee options listed below.
- Complete the Council Committee Involvement Form.
- Send us your form.
The mission of the Interdisciplinary Council on Peripheral Vascular Disease is to provide input into the AHA’s science positions as they relate to peripheral vascular disease.
- Provide input into the AHA’s science positions as they relate to peripheral vascular disease.
- Promote and participate in the development of sessions, symposia, plenary lectures, and other presentations for the AHA’s annual Scientific Sessions.
- Propose freestanding scientific conferences.
- Propose and develop scientific statements.
- Recommend policy issues relating to the group’s given field of interest.
- Recommend nominees for AHA board and committee positions and AHA awards.
- Promote communications and unity of purpose among the varied members of the council.
- Inform council members about relevant legislative issues, important meetings, and other significant developments.
- Promote the useof the newsletter and Web page as aids to two-way communication between the council’s leadership and members.
- Gather and compile summaries, reports, articles and other information of interest to the council’s membership from the council chair, committee chairs and other sources.
- Disseminate information regarding funding of research and educational activities in cardiovascular disease and stroke.
- Promote initiatives for improved funding of research, education and patient care.
- Ensure content on the Web page is up-to-date and relevant to the council members.
- Solicit and develop plans for Plenaries, How-To sessions and CV Seminars for AHA’s annual Scientific Sessions.
- Assign and monitor grading of abstracts submitted to Scientific Sessions within the categories related to the council’s fields of expertise.
- Prepare and present to the Steering Committee nominations for officers of the
- Prepare and submit to the AHA Nominating/Awards Committee nominations for the following: AHA officers, board members, committees and awards.