The Council on Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism proudly sponsors numerous awards, lectures and travel grants to AHA meetings, as well as a medical student scholarship. These programs honor researchers, early career investigators and medical students for their outstanding contributions and research of heart disease.
Please click on an award link for more information, including eligibility criteria and application instructions.
Award presented at the AHA Scientific Sessions:
- The Mark Bieber Award
- The Stephen N. Blair Award for Excellence in Physical Activity Research
- Scott Grundy Fellowship Award for Excellence in Metabolism Research
- Jeremiah and Rose Stamler Research Award for New Investigators
- Sandra A. Daugherty Award for Excellence in Cardiovascular Disease or Hypertension Epidemiology
- Roger R. Williams Memorial Award for Genetic Epidemiology and the Prevention and Treatment of Atherosclerosis
- Trudy Bush Awards for Cardiovascular Research in Women’s Health