Emeritus Membership Requirements:
- There will two Emeritus member types: Emeritus Member and Emeritus Fellow.
- When a current member or Fellow reaches 67 years of age and has been an active Premium Professional Member for 10 years and is retired, he/she may send a written request to AHA requesting to be placed on Emeritus membership status.
- Members must self-report age and retirement status when requesting Emeritus Membership status.
Emeritus Fellow/Member Benefits:
- Emeritus Members and Emeritus Fellows will not pay dues.
- Emeritus Fellows and Emeritus Members will continue to receive a 25% discount on print journal subscriptions.
- Emeritus Members and Emeritus Fellows will be classed in the database as Premium Professional members. As such, they will be allowed to affiliate with two (2) Councils at no cost.
- Emeritus Members and Emeritus Fellows will have access to all 11 AHA scientific journals.
- Emeritus Members and Emeritus Fellows will be listed in the Membership Directory. It will indicate their Emeritus status.
- Emeritus Members and Emeritus Fellows will continue to receive a deep discount to Scientific Sessions and other AHA Council-sponsored scientific conferences.