ENHANCED COMMUNICATION RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CHAIRS
COC identified several opportunities to improve communications among leaders of the Scientific Councils.
- Council Chair Orientation
- Orient Council Chairs to Professional Membership and related areas of the AHA and provide tools that will assist the chairs in conducting Council business.
- Available each July for all incoming chairs.
- Proposed agenda items include:
- Introductions and backgrounds of Council chairs
- Council chair job description and expectations
- Council Operations Committee (COC) roles and responsibilities
- AHA/ASA Professional Membership Overview
- Council goals for membership involvement
- Discretionary budget process
- Program Committee process
- Purpose will be to facilitate interaction and collaboration of chairs in an informal setting.
- Annual event to take place the evening before the October SACC meeting each year which began in 2007.
- Purpose will be to give updates and provide additional opportunities for networking among chairs.
- Teleconferences will be scheduled to occur twice per year and more frequently if urgent matters arise.