The Council on Cardiovascular and stroke Nursing proudly sponsors numerous awards associated with Scientific Sessions and invites its members to apply or nominate. Please click on the links below for eligibility criteria and application or nomination information for each award.
Lifetime Achievement Award
Career Achievement Awards
- Arteriosclerosis/Heart Failure Research Prize
- Mathy Mezey Excellence in Aging Award
- Excellence in Clinical Practice Award
- Research Article of the Year Award
- Clinical Article of the Year Award
- Stroke Article of the Year Award
Early Career Investigator Awards
Travel Stipend to Scientific Sessions
- CVSN Early Career Research Travel Awards
- CVSN Cardiovascular and Stroke Minority Travel Grant
- Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing Early Career Travel Grant
- 3CPR and CVSN Travel Stipend
Visit the Council Awards & Fellowships Application System to complete an application or make a nomination for one of these programs.
A username and password prevously set up through online profile registration at My.AmericanHeart for Professionals will be necessary to access the Application System. If you do not have a username or password with us yet (an online profile), please set up a my.americanheart.org account prior to accessing the Council Awards & Fellowships Application System. This will enable you to create a profile, username and password free of charge and without obligation. Once completed, you will be taken back to the application system. AHA Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
If you are joining the AHA to apply for an award, please wait on your AHA membership number to arrive from AHA Member Services via e-mail before creating an online profile and starting your application file. We suggest that new members join the AHA no later than three days prior to the award deadline for the membership number to be processed and delivered in time for the application deadline.