Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young Awards and Lectures
AHA/ASA scientific council awards acknowledge significant achievements in cardiovascular diseases and stroke, ranging from basic research to service to the councils and the association. These awards applaud the achievements of researchers, scientists, clinicians, nurses and allied health professionals throughout their careers and provide opportunities for financial rewards and special presentations at AHA conferences.
The Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young (CVDY) proudly sponsors numerous awards associated with Scientific Sessions and invites its members to apply or nominate. Please click on the links below for eligibility criteria and application or nomination information for each award.
Lectures presented at the AHA Scientific Sessions
- T. Duckett Jones Memorial Lecture
- Helen B. Taussig Memorial Lecture
- Alexander S. Nadas Lecture (PDF)
- William J. Rashkind Memorial Lecture (PDF)
Awards sponsored by the Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young
- CVDY Early Career Investigator Award
- CVDY Meritorious Achievement Award
- Outstanding Research Award in Pediatric Cardiology
- CVDY Visiting Professor for Career Development Award