The competition encourages new investigators to participate in the Basic Cardiovascular Sciences Conference 2010: Technological and Conceptual Advances in Cardiovascular Disease.
Twenty competitive awards of $500 each will be presented to qualified new investigators from those who are accepted to present abstracts.
- The candidate must hold an academic (or equivalent) rank below assistant professor (postdocs and fellows).
- The competition is open to members of the Council on Basic Cardiovascular Sciences. A membership application is available online and may be submitted prior to applying.
- The candidate must be the first author of the abstract.
- The work may not have been presented or published before the conference.
- The candidate may not apply for more than one type of award, may not submit more than one application per award, and may not have been an award recipient of this particular award at the previous AHA BCVS Conferences.
How To Apply
The candidate must:
- Submit an abstract as first author for the conference.
- Select the award for which applying, from the drop-down list on the awards page of the abstract submission Web site.
- Upload the following material between Jan. 11-April 5, 2010:
1. Curriculum vitae, including Social Security number (if a U.S. applicant) and bibliography. 2. A letter of recommendation from the department chair or dean stating the applicant’s academic rank and role. 3. AHA Membership Number
American Heart Association
7272 Greenville Ave.
Dallas, TX 75231