The Steven N. Blair Award for Excellence in Physical Activity Research
Applicants must submit abstracts to the Nutrition, Physical Activity and Metabolism Scientific Sessions, scheduled for March 23-25, 2011 in Atlanta, Ga.
- Abstract Deadline: Oct. 1, 2010
- Award Application Deadline: Oct. 8, 2010
This award is named for Dr. Steven N. Blair in appreciation of his outstanding career as a clinical researcher working in the areas of exercise, physical activity and cardiovascular health. The award recognizes a highly meritorious abstract presentation in this field and stimulates excellence in research by investigators.
The awardee will be selected by the council's Program Committee. Selection will be based on the scientific merit, quality and originality of the abstract. The winning abstract will be the one (among the applicants) achieving the highest average score of all abstracts submitted to the category of physical activity. The name of the winner will be announced during the conference. The awardee will receive a cash prize of $500 and a plaque.
- All applicants must be members of the AHA.
- The applicant must be the first and presenting author of the abstract.
- The work may not have been presented or published in any form.
- Winners are not eligible to reenter the competition in subsequent years.
- Applicants may submit only one abstract for consideration for the award.
- Winners of this award are not eligible to receive cash compensation from another award during the joint EPI/NPAM conference.
How to Apply
- Submit an abstract to the NPAM conference category of Physical Activity/Fitness by 5 p.m. CDT, Oct. 1, 2010.
- Select the award during the abstract submission process.
- Click on councilawards.heart.org. (You must have an AHA username and password to enter the award application site. If you don’t have a username and password for this site, you will be able to obtain them once on the site.) Complete the online award application form by 5 p.m. CDT, Oct. 8, 2010.