Sponsored by the Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young
Award Deadline: April 22, 2015 through June 19, 2015 - 5:00 pm Central (Deadline Extended)
The Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young (CVDY) is calling for nominations for its Meritorious Achievement Award, presented annually at the AHA Scientific Sessions. The award recognizes a person whose achievements have made a significant impact in the field of cardiovascular disease in the young and have helped to further the mission of the council. The nominee must hold a rank of associate or full professor or equivalent.
The prize includes an engraved plaque to be presented at the CVDY Annual Council Dinner at Scientific Sessions, a $1000 honorarium, and travel expenses to Scientific Sessions this November.
Past Recipients2005 Gerald Berenson, M.D.
2006 James Moller, M.D., FAHA
2007 Lynn Mahony, M.D., FAHA
2008 Amnon Rosenthal, M.D.
2009 Jane Newburger, M.D., FAHA
2010 Jeffrey A. Towbin, M.D., FAHA
2011 Stephen Daniels, M.D., Ph.D., FAHA
2012 David L. Wessel, M.D.
2013 David Sahn, M.D., FAHA
2014 D. Woodrow Benson, M.D., Ph.D.
2015 Gail D. Pearson MD, ScD, FACC, FAHA
Nomination InformationElectronic submission through the Council Awards Application System is required. Hard copies of any part of the application cannot be accepted.
The nomination file, submitted on the nominee's behalf, should contain the following documents in PDF format:
- Letter of recommendation from nominator outlining the strengths of nominee, the nominee's professional achievements in the field of cardiology, and the nominee's volunteer efforts through the CVDY Council and/or the AHA on the affiliate level.
- Two additional letters of recommendation, preferably written on electronic letterhead.
- Copy of nominee’s curriculum vitae and bibliography.
Current members of the CVDY Leadership Committee are not eligible to be nominated for the award.
Visit the Council Awards & Fellowships Application System to complete a nomination.
A username and password previously set up through online profile registration at My American Heart for Professionals will be necessary to access the Application System. If you have not created an online profile yet, please visit My American Heart for Professionals to create an online member profile before accessing the Council Awards Application System. AHA Professional Members who are creating an online profile for the first time should make sure to register using their AHA membership identification numbers.
- For rules and regulations for submitting abstracts to the Scientific Sessions, visit Abstract Submission Guidelines (PDF).
- Submit your application at Council Awards System (new window).
- Join or renew AHA/ASA Professional Membership (new window).