The Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation Council’s bench-to-bedside and community approach ranges from integrated cardiopulmonary physiology to issues of critical care, emergency cardiovascular care and CPR.
The council is keenly interested in promoting approaches that include clinical care, clinical research, and basic science. We hope you will help contribute to this mission by continuing your involvement with the Council through the following opportunities:
- Council Committees, including Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Resuscitation Science Symposium, Scientific Sessions and Council Dinner
- Advocacy – Local and National
- Council Awards & Lectures – Dickinson W. Richards Lecture and Cournand and Comroe Young Investigator Prize competition
- Becoming a Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Promoting research of interest to you and your colleagues through design of the program at Scientific Sessions program
- Developing and writing scientific statements
- Engaging Trainees
- Council Newsletter
- Networking with peers
It is our goal to be the preferred member organization for all cardiovascular disease and stroke professionals. We hope you will contribute to this cause by recruiting a colleague to join our Council to help keep it dynamic and relevant.
Karl Kern, MD, FAHA
Chair, Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation (3CPR) Council