The Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation Council’s bench-to-bedside and community approach ranges from integrated cardiopulmonary physiology to issues of critical care, emergency cardiovascular care and CPR.
The council is keenly interested in promoting approaches that include clinical care, clinical research, and basic science. We hope you will help contribute to this mission by continuing your involvement with the Council through the following opportunities:
- Council Committees and AHA task forces, including Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC)
- Resuscitation Science Symposium, Scientific Sessions and the 3CPR Council Dinner
- Advocacy at both the Local and National level
- Council Awards & Lectures – Dickinson W. Richards Lecture, Cournand and Comroe Young Investigator Prize competition, the Max Harry Weil Award, and the Emergency Medical Services Fellowship awards
- Becoming a Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Promoting research of interest to you and your colleagues through design of programs pertinent to 3CPR content areas, at both the Resuscitation Science Symposium and Scientific Sessions
- Engaging Trainees
- Council Newsletter
- Networking with your peer group
It is our goal to be the preferred member organization for all cardiovascular disease and stroke professionals. We hope you will contribute to this cause by recruiting a colleague to join our Council to help keep it dynamic and relevant.
Benjamin S. Abella, MD, MPhil, FAHA
Chair, Cardiopulmonary, Critical Care, Perioperative and Resuscitation (3CPR) Council